Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraDropDown problem with auto expansion
posted

I have an ultraDropDown being used to display drop down lists for a column on my ultra grid, but the first column wont expand so that you can see the whole value, I have tried turning on autosize and even manually setting the width of the ultra drop down to no avail. 

Code:

Dim creatorUltraDropDown As New UltraDropDown

creatorUltraDropDown.DataSource = ObjectDataSet.Tables("BA")

creatorUltraDropDown.Width = 1000

creatorUltraDropDown.ValueMember = "BA_NAME"

creatorUltraDropDown.DisplayLayout.Bands(0).Columns(0).AutoSizeMode = ColumnAutoSizeMode.AllRowsInBand

creatorUltraDropDown.DisplayLayout.BorderStyle = UIElementBorderStyle.None

creatorUltraDropDown.DisplayLayout.Bands(0).ColHeadersVisible = False

'Hide all columns

For Each column As UltraGridColumn In creatorUltraDropDown.DisplayLayout.Bands(0).Columns

column.Hidden = True

Next

creatorUltraDropDown.DisplayLayout.Bands(0).Columns("BA_NAME").Hidden = False

creatorUltraDropDown.DisplayLayout.Bands(0).Columns("code_value").Hidden = False

creatorUltraDropDown.DisplayLayout.Bands(0).Columns("BA_NAME").Header.VisiblePosition = 0

creatorUltraDropDown.DisplayLayout.Bands(0).Columns("code_value").Header.VisiblePosition = 1

.DisplayLayout.Bands(0).Columns("ID").ValueList = creatorUltraDropDown

.DisplayLayout.Bands(0).Columns("ID").Style = ColumnStyle.DropDownList

Cheers,

Ian

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Ian,

The size of the dropdown probably is not the problem. My guess is the you need to autosize the columns inside the dropdown so that they show their entire contents.

Children
No Data