Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Can't get right group-by look
posted

I have data from an IBindingList source and I group it by one of the exposed properties usign AddSortedColumn().  I want the group by to be set a run-time by the program, not by the user and not by the designer.

If I set the viewstyleband to Outlook I get the right sort of behavior.  I see groups and can expand them to see the detail.   However, the look is not at all what I want.  The groups don't appear "grid like", like they do in other examples I've seen.  The groups are "text-like".   I've fooled with the other two viewstyleband settings and neither of them produce expandable groups like this.  Not sure what they are doing.  

Its occured to me that I may need multiple bands to get the look I want, but I don't understand how to get multiple bands from a single IbindingList data source.  (bands are mostly a mystery to me).

Is there question in any of this?   I guess it is: How do I get a look where the group and the "detail" both have a grid-like appearance when using a binding list data source.

thanks 

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

I'm not sure I undestand your question. 

tniec said:
    The groups don't appear "grid like", like they do in other examples I've seen.

What example are you referring to? The GroupByRow itself has only one peice of data, it doesn't have cells like a regular grid row. You may have seen screen shots where the GroupByRow has summaries in it. Is that what you mean. If that's the case, you need to set the GroupBySummaryUIType and the GroupBySummaryDisplayArea and also add some summaries to your grid.