Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
EditorWithText with drop down questions
posted

For enabling RowFiltering in DropDown of the grid I implemented EditorWithText with DropDownEditorButton and UltraGrid in it.

1. I want to have behavior of my new Editor as DropDownList. I try to set property ReadOnly of TextBox to true, but without any result. How can I implement this?

2. In drop down I have two columns: "ID", "Name", in  the grid's cell I want to have "Name" as Text, and "ID" as value. For example, after choosing Row in drop down with values ID=1, Name="One", I want to see in Text of  target cell "One" and in Value 1. Is it possible in such case? (EditorWithText is editor of column).

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

DesYalta said:
    1. I want to have behavior of my new Editor as DropDownList. I try to set property ReadOnly of TextBox to true, but without any result. How can I implement this?

I think the same thing is discussed here:

Disabling keyboard input but allowing drop-down to function - Infragistics Community

DesYalta said:
    2. In drop down I have two columns: "ID", "Name", in  the grid's cell I want to have "Name" as Text, and "ID" as value. For example, after choosing Row in drop down with values ID=1, Name="One", I want to see in Text of  target cell "One" and in Value 1. Is it possible in such case? (EditorWithText is editor of column).

I think you will have to use a DataFilter for this. You would handle the EditorToDisplay and DisplayToEditor conversions. EditorDisplay is for translating the cell value into the appropriate display text and DisplayToEditor for translating the display text into the cell value.