Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Locale Sensitive Date Time Formats...
posted

Hi.

Anyone have any ideas how to enforce locale sensitive date time formats in data exported from the grid control to excel. I guess what I am asking is what format string would I need to supply in order that Excel used the *date formats which are locale sensitive? I need to know this for Date, Date Time and Time formats?

Any clues....

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

What kind of problem are you having here? What version of the controls are you using?

If you are using the UltraGridExcelExporter, then no formatting is exported at all. It cannot be, because DotNet formats are not the same as excel formats and there's no way to the grid or the exporter can translate any format you applied to the grid column into an appropriate excel format.

To handle this, there's an InitializeColumn event on the UltraGridExcelExporter component which you can handle in order to examine the format on the grid column and create an appropriate format for the Excel cells.You can often set one to the other, but not always. 

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

To be honest I'm not sure how excel exportation factors into this, but generally speaking if you stay away from specifying formats or masks, the default ones we provide are automatically culture-appropriate.