Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Issues with V9.2
posted

After switching to this new version (Windows Form), I am having issues with launching the application.

I noticed that bin-signed folder under program files had only zip file. I unzipped it and referenced the dlls in my Visual Studio. It runs great in VS but I can not launch the application from windows file explorer.

Am I missing something?

Thank you

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello,

The only difference between the files found in the Bin-Signed folder to the ones in the Bin folder are that they have a VeriSign digital signature applied to them.  By default, when you develop your applications in Visual Studio, it will not use the digitally signed assemblies.  That way there isn't a call being made to VeriSign to validate the signature which can slow down development if you're on a machine without an active internet connection.

When running an application though, there shouldn't be any difference between running it from Visual Studio or just from the file system directly.  All your references should already be in a place where the application can resolve them.  If you're just running the application from your project's output folder, it should still run successfully.

Is there any error message that comes up when trying to run the application from the file system?  Does this occur with a newly created project?  Was the application deployed to another machine before running it from the file system?

Children
No Data