Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to obtain line color from scatterchart
posted

I am using a scatterchart with connect with lines property enabled.  I'm trying to match the color of the line with the associated treeview item so i need to grab the color from the scatterchart line.  It is set to pure random right now.  I am also using series and adding each series to the ultrachart in case that matters.

this->ucLineChart->ColorModel->ModelStyle = Infragistics::UltraChart::Shared::Styles::ColorModels::PureRandom;

To recap:

I have a System::color variable that just needs to grab the correct color from a scatter chart set with pure random for the color model.

Thanks!

Verified Answer
    posted

I ended up finding a very easy solution.  Inside my main form load event i have the following:

this->ucLineChart->ColorModel->CustomPalette = gcnew cli::array<Color> {Color::Red, Color::Orange, Color::Yellow, Color::Green,Color::Blue, Color::Indigo, Color::Violet}; 

this->ucLineChart->ColorModel->ModelStyle = Infragistics::UltraChart::Shared::Styles::ColorModels::CustomLinear;

Then I add the the lines one by one using each series and after each load of a series, i grab the color like so:

color = this->ucLineChart->ColorModel->CustomPalette[(ucLineChart->Series->Count - 1) % 7];

posted

Hi,

Try using the ChartDrawItem event for the current line:

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        UltraChart1.ChartDrawItem += new Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Events.ChartDrawItemEventHandler(UltraChart1_ChartDrawItem);
        UltraChart1.DataSource = DemoTable.Table(3);
        UltraChart1.DataBind();
    }

void UltraChart1_ChartDrawItem(object sender, Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Events.ChartDrawItemEventArgs e)
    {
        if (e.HasData)
        {
            if (e.Primitive is Polyline)
            {
                //e.Primitive.PE.Fill gives the color of the current line
            }
        }
    }