Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Database Side Operations
posted

I didn't know where to ask this question but i did think it was a question worth asking.

One of the issues I usually have to deal with often when I build application with the win grid is that of scalability.  My biggest pain point is that to be able to perform some of the nicer selling features that the ultra grid provides (ie. sorting, paging, fitlering, grouping) I must first make sure that ALL of my data is loaded onto the grid itself.

I don't pretend to claim this as my own idea but it is a very nice idea. Are there any plans to fully support the IQueryable interface as a datasource? So that if I perform any of the grid's features, these would be delegated to the corresponding IQueryable method.

If i sort something
      the grid delegates to IQueryable.OrderBy(...)
if I filter something
      the grid delegates to IQueryable.Where(...)
if I group something
      the grid delegates to IQueryable.GroupBy(...)

I know of some other controls that have adopted this idea and have had success with it. It would be a huge selling feature if it was adopted by the net advantage suite of controls.

Thoughts?