Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Mask Input (repeating values)
posted

I am trying to set an input mask for an Ultra Grid column so that I can have a number of comma separated hours, something like "10:00 am, 11:00 am, 12:00 pm" for example. I set the mask for the field as following:

e.Layout.Bands[0].Format = "hh:mm TT";
e.Layout.Bands0].MaskInput = "hh:mm tt, hh:mm tt, hh:mm tt, hh:mm tt";
e.Layout.Bands[0].MaskDataMode = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinMaskedEdit.MaskMode.IncludeBoth;
e.Layout.Bands[0].MaskClipMode = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinMaskedEdit.MaskMode.IncludeBoth;
e.Layout.Bands[0.MaskDisplayMode = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinMaskedEdit.MaskMode.IncludeBoth;

In that mask I specified four comma separated HH:MM TT elements while I can actually have one or more of such elements in that string. That mask does not quite work for me b/c it requires to enter all 4 elements before the data changes are commited, otherwise it fails validation. Is there a way to specify a 'repeating' mask of some sort for a column? Or do I have to reinitialize the MaskInput every time the user adds a comma into the field? Thanks!

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

No, there's no support for a repeating mask like that. You should Submit a feature request to Infragistics.

In the meant time, one alternative would be to write your own control that accepts an indeterminate number of times and then use the UltraControlContainerEditor to embed your control in the grid. The UltraControlContainerEditor was introduced in NetAdvantage 2009 Volume 1.

Reply Children
No Data