Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Ultra Combo problem
posted

Dear Mike Saltzman,

I used ultracombo v9.1, in C# VS2005.

i am filling the ultracombo at runtime with a dataset.

using code below

System.Data.SqlClient.

SqlDataAdapter daDocs = new System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataAdapter("spFrmFind_DocNos", DBConnection);

daDocs.Fill(dtable, "spFrmFind_DocNos");

Ucmb_DocNos.DataSource = dtable;

where Ucmb_DocNos is an UltraCombo control placed on my form.

its autocomplete mode is set to SuggestAppend.

ultra combo is used to show the document no and document date to the users, and enter a new documnet no as well.

i am also using the following methods like KeyPress, KeyDown and RowSelect to do some db works.

At runtime

when i select the one of the items in the ultra combo, it acts fine, but as soon as i press the delete button to delete one of the characters in the editor box it gives the following error.

Can't call DropDown unless the Editor is in edit mode.

it only gives error when i try to edit any document number which is already in the list of the ultracombo (or you can say the saved document nos.), and if enters a new number and delete one its characters it doesnt give any error.

e.g.

number in the list is 1000

i deleted the last zero to enter a new number which will be 100 and then the erros occurs.

if i enter a new number i.e. 123 and delets 3 or 2 or 1 it acts fine.

i hope i have made myself clear.

instead of delete button pressing backspace button doesnt give error at all in any case.

Please guide me.

sheraz