Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Bound grid to multiple business objects
posted

Is there a way to bind a grid to multiple business objects?

I have a parent class that has a one to one relationship with it's child. Currently I have 2 grids(one per class bound) but would like to have one grid with a coupla bands.

ParentClass has many fields but 3 fields I need readonly to display in the ChildClassGrid so it would look like

ParentGrid 

ParentClassField1   ParentClassField2   ParentClassField3   ParentClassField4

For each Row in the ParentClass The ChildGrid would be

ReadOnlyParentClassField1   ReadOnlyParentClassField2    ReadOnlyParentClassField3    ChildClassField1    ChildClassField2

ParentClass & ChildClass are bound to different BusinessObjects Binding 

I currently have three unbound columns in the ChildGrid but am unsure how to fill the columns

in the initRow I do

e.Row.Cells("ReadOnlyParentClassField1").Value = "ReadOnlyParentClassField1"  but am unsure how to link them to its parents values

Regards

_Eric 

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Eric,

We do this quite a lot for displaying data. What we do is create a 'hierarchical' parent which derives from your parent object to which we add an additonal bindinglist containing the child objects. We then create a returm this 'hierachical parent as a binding list and set this to the datasouirce of the grid. The data should then be displayed hieararchically. We've done this down to about 6 levels of 'nesting' so far andworks far better than having multiple grids.

Jim 

Children
No Data