Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
DataError: Not enough context to add a new row
posted

I have an UltraGrid whose data source is a list of buisness objects. Each of these object has a list of child objects.

This binds as expected and shows each of the parent rows with any child objects listed below the parent. The problem I have is that if I add a new parent row and then attempt to add a new child row to that parent I get a popup messages that states: "Unable to ad a row; Not enough context to add a new row. Either a row in this band or the parent band has to be active to provide for enough context.". What is missing? Is there some option I can set that will allow this?

I can add a new child row to an existing parent that doesn't have any children, just not to a newly created parent.

Thanks, Dave

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

I found the problem. When the new parent object is created as a result of clicking in the "new row " it needs to have an empty child list created.

Dave

Children
No Data