Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Convert UTC dates to Local Time - trying to update unbound column on datasource change
posted

I am trying to display UTC dates as local time in my grid.  I subclassed the grid, and have it add an unbound column for each date column to display the local time. I copy all the column settings to this column, and then rename and hide the original column. I calculate the local time inside 'OnInitializeRow'

It all works great.. until I update the datasource the grid is based on.  OnInitializeRow doesn't run and so the date stays at the old value.  Right now I added a function that gets manually called after I update the datasource to go through all the cells in the grid and update them if they are my unbound local time cells.

Is there a cleaner/faster/better way of doing this??  I really wish there was support in the infragistics controls to display dates according to the regional settings.. there is regional support for all the other editors and values.