Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWinGrid, tree expansion and grouping columns
posted

Hi,

I have followed the example KB02000 on a self-referencing table to produce a tree-like grid. Additionally my users would like me to logically group certain columns together by using a column header with two levels. Since all by data bands have the same columns I still want to keep the columns aligned across all the bands, so that resizing a column on one databand should resize the column on all data bands. It seems though when I add some column groupings to one or more data bands the columns become misaligned. They become visually like 'independent tables', if you can see what I mean, which is what I am trying to avoid.

What I really need is a grid that functions exactly like a single data band but that has the ability to expand and collapse groups of rows.

Is there a better approach than using data bands. I was considering just putting all the data into the grid in correct hierarchical display order and then implementing my own expand/collapse functions but not sure how best to do this? Do you have any better ideas?

Parents
No Data
    posted

I was facing the similar kind of problem as mentioned here what I needed was a grid with single band but has the ability to expand and collapse groups of rows ,I followed the Wintree sample and implemented the same but now I need the summaries features in Wintree as we have in Ultragrid.I want  footer summary of columns(Example : the summation of the row values of the "Amount" column), Please help me to implement summaries for wintree .Please find the enclosed screen shot.

Children
No Data