Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Edit and Add new row to a outlookgroupby grid
posted

hi

i have a grid outlook grouped by departments but when i try to add a new item to a specific department the add new row does not shouw up, only when is not grouped the columns, also when i trying to validate any update to the cell it sent me an error message "cell = nothing" but when is not grouped it's works fine.

any idea on how to solve this issue since its help me a lot to have the grid grouped by departments.

Thanks.

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

Adding rows in GroupByMode is not currently supported in the grid. You should Submit a feature request to Infragistics and perhaps this can be added in a future release.

PAVCBC said:
    when i trying to validate any update to the cell it sent me an error message "cell = nothing" but when is not grouped it's works fine.

I don't understand what you mean by this, but it sounds like maybe you are trying to access the Cells collection of a GroupByRow. This will raise an error, of course, because there are no cells in a GroupByRow. Only the data rows have cells.

Children
No Data