Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WinSchedule With MySQL - Why So Hard?
posted

Ok, I must be missing something.  Why is getting WinSchedule to work with a MySQL backend so difficult?

Setup: Development Platform - Visual Studio 2008.  MySQL Connector - 6.0.5.  WinSchedule version - 8.1

I have a MySQL table set up for Appointments.  I've added on appointment to it manually.  All I want is to display that one appointment on a MonthViewSingle calendar.  On the form I have UltraCalendarInfo1, UltraMonthViewMulti1 and UltraMonthViewSingle1.  Everything is set up.  Everything is ready to go.  Problem - I can't connect to the database via Bind.  So, I create an Appointment class and try to bind the CalendarInfo to it.  When I run it I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".  Absolutely nothing I've tried has worked, and there's no documentation whatsoever for the WinSchedule control.  I've been trying to figure this out with a Trial-And-Error approach (apparently my only option) for 3 solid work days and I'm about over it.  I'm giving this 8 more hours and I'm scrapping Infragistics and finding something else.

Does ANYONE have ANY idea who to make this work?  I'm not trying to split an atom or anything.  I just want a @#$% appointment to show up on the calendar!