Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WinGrid Reset Sort
posted

My grid is attached to a bindingSource object.  The underlying data has a default sort on these four fields: Date, Bank, SiteID, Deposit.  I have maintained the stock behavior of letting a user click on a column to perform a sort on that column.  However, I want to provide the capability for my user to reset the sort order back to the original default (using the below button click). 

If I click on a column to sort and then click button2 it appears to work the first time but it does not work on subsequent iterations.  The column sort icon (triangle) goes away but the grid data does not reflect the underlying sort order within the button click - the data stays in the same sort order of last column sorted. IOWs, it appears that it becomes disassociated with the underlying currency manager.

Also, just as a test, I plopped a regular DataGridView right beside the UltraGrid and it appears to work perfectly when sorting the column and then the button.  In fact, when I interact with the DataGridView it somehow resets the UltraGrid and it starts displaying the data properly.

Thanks

private void button2_Click(object sender, EventArgs

e)

{

grdStoreDeposits.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].SortedColumns.Clear();

storeDepositsBindingSource.Sort =

" Date,Bank, SiteID, Deposit"

;

grdStoreDeposits.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].SortedColumns.RefreshSort(

false

);

grdStoreDeposits.SyncWithCurrencyManager =

true

;

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi,

I tried your code and it does not work for me even the first time. The grid never reverts to the original order.

However, this works every time:

this.ultraGrid1.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].SortedColumns.Clear();           
                this.ultraGrid1.Rows.Refresh(Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.RefreshRow.ReloadData);

Reply Children
No Data