Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to view common (the same) data in UltraGanttView and UltraTimelineView ?
posted

Hello all,

I'm new to Infragistics, c#, and windows forms, so please excuse me if this question is too simple.

The first answer that may pop into your head when reading my subject may be:  Just bind the same UltraCalanderInfo to both your UltraGanttView and your UltraTimelineView and it is done. 

But if I understand correctly, I don't think that works for me.  Here's is what I want to do.  I want to have a gantt view and a timeline view which are two different ways of seeing the same data.  The problem is that  the ganttview displays tasks, while the timeline view displays appointments.

So, I'm thinking that I can create a class that is composed of both a Task data member, and a Schedule data member, and somehow do code to keep each in sync whenever the other changes.  

Is that the right approach?  If so do any of your samples solutions do something like this (with any two classes, not necessarily Task and Appointment) 

Note:  I only want to keep the data members that have the same name and type in sync between instance pairs of the two types (Task and Appointment), I would not try to keep non-common data members in sync.  For example:  StartDateTime is a commonly named and typed member for both Task and Appointment classes, therefore, for a given task/appointment pair, I do want the task.StartDateTime and the appointment.StartDateTime to always be the same.  This is not true for Task.Deadline because there is no corresponding member in the Task class.

Thanks, app3lam

Parents Reply Children
No Data