Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
License issues when embedding a designer in my application.
posted

I have a simplified form designer which allows a user to create basic forms using a limited control set.  These controls are derived from a selection of Infragistics controls (UltraTextBox, UltraCheckBox etc).  When the user saves the form it is serialized to xml, then my main application displays the form when a new report is created.  This way, a customer can tweak the forms to suit their workflow.

The problem is that when deployed on a customer site, an exception is thrown when a control is added to the designer because the license key is not installed on the machine:

************** Exception Text **************

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ComponentModel.LicenseException

at Infragistics.Shared.UltraLicenseProvider.GetDesignTimeLicense(Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, UltraLicenseBaseAttribute licenseAttribute)

at Infragistics.Shared.UltraLicenseProvider.GetLicense(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions)

at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternalRecursive(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license, String& licenseKey)

at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.Validate(Type type, Object instance)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinEditors.UltraTextEditor..ctor()

How can I avoid this?

Thanks.

Offline posted

Hello philipw,

A possible reason for this issue could be that the design-time license check performed by Visual Studio on your user control also performs a design-time license check on any controls it contains (including Infragistic's).  If you do not have our toolset installed, this design-time licence check fails with the error message you've mentioned.
    Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any additional assistance.