Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
TextBox Editing In Conjunction With A Manually Populated Tree
posted

Hi,

Can anyone help with his please ?

I am currently manually populating nodes within an ultratree due to a complex data hierarchy. Ideally I would like to be able to place a textbox next to each tree node to enable the user to enter a value. Note, I am not trying to change the node text property, but instead record a value against each node and access this later within code.

I had assumed ( hoped ) that setting the ViewStyle to "Grid" should present columns to permit user editing capabilities. This certainly happens for a normal databound treeview, but, being manually populated this doesn't work. I guess I can't really expect it to because the tree isn't aware of the data structure.

Is there a correct way of providing textbox editing capabilities within a treeview whose nodes are being created in code ? Is it a case of manually creating some kind of column set for example ?

Thanks,

Nick