Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ADO.net self reference creates infinite bands in grid
posted

Hi everyone,

I have an ado.net dataset that uses a foreign key on itself to indicate hierarchy (parent/child rows). Because of this reference, the grid creates about 200 bands and the performance is abysmal.

The application itself (through visual basic 2010 in debug mode) runs but has about a 3-5 second load (to simply load the grid with 10 rows in it).

When I open the ultrawingrid designer I see that there are between 200 - 300 bands created and if I change a property of the grid visual studio either crashes or takes about a minute to commit.

We are using the latest netadvantage winforms version including the hotfix and our programming environment is Visual Studio 2010.

I have also tried setting the maxbands in the display layout to 3 but apparently it is ignored.

Any help is appreciated because it is quite a performance bottleneck at the moment.

Parents Reply Children
No Data