Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Force control validation
posted

Hi!

I have a group box that contains a lot of win editors (ultratexteditor, etc.). They show values from a datasource (dataset populated from a database). If I leave the control, then the Validating and Validated events are thrown and the datasource is updated (Datasource updated OnValidation). But we programmed the key down to save the data when the user do a Ctrl-S but it is possible that he didn't leave the editor where a value has been edited. Is there a way to force Validation events to be executed and the datasource updated before save ? We don't want to tell users to make a "tab" on the field to be able to save and we don't want to make the datasource updated OnPropertyChanged.

Best regards,

Benoit

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Benoit,

This isn't limited to any of the Infragistics controls, but I think what you are looking for is the Validate and/or ValidateChildren method. These methods exist on the ContainerControl class, so they are on the Form and I'm pretty sure they are also on GroupBox,