Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
extra image/icon in cells - bug?
posted

Hi,

We have a fairly large grid (10K records for top-level, 10K+ records for first child, potentially 50K+ for grand-children...). It's been working ok for years. Recently, we have had performance issue with those large amounts of data. We found out it was mainly due to how we conditionally format our rows. To make it much more efficient, we are doing both background evaluation of the business rules driving the formatting and only evaluating those rules on the visible rows.

Recently, we discovered that our child rows end up having an icon (or image?) of a lightning bolt embedded in each cell.

We do not set that icon that I can see in our code (there is way too much code needed to even show this grid that I cannot post anything here). Combing through our code, the only reference to that icon from our resources is for the tab in which this table exist (note the same icon as the icon for the tab in the upper left corner, next to incidents).

A few precisions here. Yes, those icons end up on ALL child rows (I am only showing 1 row here). We are currently using Infragistics 7.2 and are not planning on upgrading. It is very hard for us to test against a more recent version of Infragistics (hence our staying at 7.2)

We are not ready to file a bug for this yet or anything since we can't easily reproduce it in a stand-alone manner, however, we wanted to understand a bit better:

1. What is that icon? (what property controls it on which element?)
  2. Could we override that explicitly as to not show this?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Regards,

Eric.