Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWinValidtor
posted

Hi

I have a form with some controls attached to validators. I have a custom ICondition for the validation. I have set the ValidationTrigger to be programmatic. I call the validate function on each of these controls on a button click. THe validation however, does not seem to happen for unchanged controls. It happens only for controls whose value have changed. Is there any way we can force the validator to validate controls?

Thanks

Offline posted

One possible explanation for this is that the IsRequired property for the ValidationSettings is set to true, and the value is empty. This condition precludes validation because the valuedation has already failed by virtue of not having any value at all. If this is the case you can solve the problem by setting IsRequired to false, and then failing validation for empty values in your implementation.