Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
semi-docking a toolbar
posted

Hi,

When tools are added to a docked toolbar in the VS designer, or using the customize dialog box during runtime, the tools fill up the docked row and then spill out on to the next row when the row is full. This is our desired functionality.  

When the application runs, however, the excess tools are pulled up to the docked row and are hidden. When the tools are added with the Customize dialog box at runtime, when the dialog is closed, the additional tools are pulled up to the docked row are only accessed using an additional small popup menu icon next to the "Add Remove Buttons" menu.

I tried this using the BasicFeaturesVB and I got basically the same result.

My application is using Infragistics version 10.2 and the BasicFeaturesVB is using 8.2

Thanks,
David

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

I figured out myself, that It is possible to accomplish what I need by setting the toolbar to be floating and handling the docking manually. Then whenever the form is resized or the toolbar is moved, the events are handled and the toolbar is put back to the docked location.

Children
No Data