Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
a few problems with wingrid in 2010 vol.3
posted

I updated my solutions into 2010 vol 3, and some problem found in my application:

1. when a column of some grids (not all grids) is double clicked at the column edge, the size of all rows be come too large, even one page could hardly contain one row. I think auto column sizing should not cause auto row sizing, but it does and it does in inproper ways.

2. sometimes, the grid throws exceptions and becomes a big red cross, when there are tab strings in cells. If I removes the tab strings, everything seems ok. not all grids containing tab strings throws exceptions.

are those common problems? or only because I updated them from older version? sorry I could not bring up some pictures of these problems for now.

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

anakincn said:
    1. when a column of some grids (not all grids) is double clicked at the column edge, the size of all rows be come too large, even one page could hardly contain one row. I think auto column sizing should not cause auto row sizing, but it does and it does in inproper ways.

This is a known bug that occurs when using RowLayouts. I'm not sure if the fix made it into the current service release, but you could try it and see.

How to get the latest service release - Infragistics Community

If that does not help, then I recommend that you wait for the next service release, which will definiately have the fix. It's due out towards the end of this month.

anakincn said:
    2. sometimes, the grid throws exceptions and becomes a big red cross, when there are tab strings in cells. If I removes the tab strings, everything seems ok. not all grids containing tab strings throws exceptions.

I big red X indicates that an exception occurring during the painting of the grid. This is often caused by threading problems in the application. But I suspect in this case this is caused by another known bug which is already fixed. We made some changes recently to how the grid cells handle tab characters, so this probably resulted in the exception you are seeing. This issue was fixed quite a while ago, so I'm pretty sure it is fixed in the latest service release.

Reply Children
No Data