Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Subclassing a TextEditor - updating text in real time
posted

I have subclassed a text editor in order to encapsulate the presence of a ButtonsRight with custom drop down control. 

My subclassed editor and the control share a ViewModel. An IEditorDataFilter is provided to translate between the text representation in the text editor portion of the edtior control and the data shown in the custom control drop down.

So far I have been unable to figure out how to make the TextEditor re-run the EditorToDisplay conversion when changes are made in the drop down control.

My attempt so far has been to capture the INotifyPropertyChanged events that are raised by the ViewModel and convert them to edtior property changed events with the following code.

OnPropertyChanged(new PropertyChangedEventArgs(new PropChangeInfo(this, PropertyID.Value, null)));

This does not work, but I can't figure out what I would need to do to make the editor re-run the data filter.

Regards,

Mark

Parents Reply Children
No Data