Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Set Data Entry Format For Columns - Rows
posted
Hi, For the below mentioned scenario i wanted to check if its feasible/possible to implement using Ultra Win Grid. We want to provide a feature for user to enter values for certain variables / parameters. For this we are planning to provide an editable grid, where the first column (Call It VARIABLES) will be having the list of variables and the second column (Call it VALUES)which will be editable for users to enter the value. To make it more user friendly, based on the data type of the variable (which can be string, Int or DateTime) for the second column we want to set the format or may be set any template(as is a web grid). What i mean to say is for the VALUES Column different row have provision for different type of data entry. For a datetime variable the second column entry should be through a datetime picker control, for an interger it should be like an ultra text editor which supports only numeric values and so on. Have attached a screen shot to depict what i meant in the above description. Is this possible through a Ultra Win Grid? If so then can any one give me a head start on where and how to go about it? Thanks, Narasimha
Approach.zip
Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

It sounds like you want something similar to the PropertyGrid control in DotNet. You could probably achieve this in a number of ways. You could, for example, make your Values column of type Object and then use a different editor in each cell of the Values column by setting the editor in the InitializeRow event.

Another approach would be to use the UltraControlContainerEditor and create your own control that handles all three types.

But the first thing I recommend is that you check out the UltraWinTree samples included with NetAdvantage. There's a sample there called "PropertyGrid CS" or "PropertyGrid VB". These samples demonstrate how to use UltraWinTree to simulate the PropertyGrid control.

Children
No Data