Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ultrawingrid dropdownlist displaying valuemember instead of displaymember
posted

I have a ultrawingrid that has a dropdownlist bound to a column via a valuelist. The problem is that when that is bound to the dropdownlist the value being displayed the the control is the valuemember or the id used to uniquely identify the item, as opposed to the description of the item. When the cell looses focus for e.g when i click off the control, the display member is then shown.

This is real strange and i can't seem to figure it out. I was thinking about invoking the grid's Leave event with hopes that that would work. Firstly can u tell me if this is the way to go or give the correct answer.

Thank in advance

Ryan

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi Ryan,

The behavior you describe is usually an indication that the data types are not matching up. Make sure that the DataType of the column in the grid is the same as the DataType of the ValueMember column on the UltraDropDown control.

Reply Children
No Data