Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Updating CalendarCombo value AfterSpin and AfterCloseUp
posted

I'm trying to make the calendar control immediately commit to the data bound data source if the user uses the spin buttons or selects a date from the drop down button.

My attempt so far has been to handle the events AfterSpin and AfterCloseUp, and when either of these occur do the following:

calendarControl.PerformAction(CalendarComboAction.UpdateValue);

This doesn't seem to do what I would expect (which is to commit the text to the Value, which would raise PropertyChanged on value and hence update the date that is databound to the Value property.

Is there any other way I could go about doing this?

posted

To answer my own question, sort of, what happens is that the Value is updated on the control, but it seems that the underlying PropertyChanged event does not get fired, therefore data binding doesn't kick in and update the bound data source.

It would be good if someone from infragistics could confirm this for me, though.

To fix my situation, I just update the bound data source manually when these events occur.