Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Ultra Grid Performance
posted

When I have a grid with no code in the Row Initialize event, the grid displays real fast even with 50,000 rows. If I add code to look at a column in the row to determine whether to turn the row red, it takes 5 minutes. This is one issue I wanted to know if you have a work around?

The big question is, with a lot of rows, the business object fills very quickly but the grid takes a while to render. I want to turn the cursor into a wait cursor at the start of the process which is no problem. The problem I am having is determining what event is fiored or how do I know when the grid is finished rendering so I can then turn the cursor back to the defaulty cursor?

Offline posted

Hello,

Please let us know if you have any other questions or if you need any further assistance with the behavior that you are experiencing.

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

You might want to look at the WinGrid Performance Guide to see if you can improve the load time by making your grid as efficient as possible.

Offline posted

rookertrusted said:
    If I add code to look at a column in the row to determine whether to turn the row red, it takes 5 minutes.

It is impossible to guess about what might be causing that. You need to post the code or a sample that demonstrates the problem.

rookertrusted said:
    The problem I am having is determining what event is fiored or how do I know when the grid is finished rendering...

If the latency is caused by assigning the data source, you can handle InitializeLayout, and use BeginInvoke to call a method asynchronously from there; when that method is called the initialization process is effectively complete. If the latency is caused by rendering, there might be some problem causing it since painting the entire grid should only take a few milliseconds. This is also something for which we would need a sample in order to investigate further.