Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
VB 2010 and CLR 4.0
posted

I have recently installed VS 2010 and hoping to migrate an old application to the new framework. Much to my surprise, I cannot find any  infragistics 3.5 assemblies in Netadvantage 2010.3 I have some 2010.1 3.5 assemblies.

Can you please advise where I will find the download as I cannot see separate file for the winform 2.0 or 3.5 as we used to have.

Offline posted

Hello Imagehq,

I would like to let you know that in our latest version - NetAdvantage for Windows Forms 2011 vol.2 controls we are having two toolsets, one build against CRL 2.0 and the second one build against CLR 4.0. So now you are having the possibility to choose whether to use Infragistics2. assemblies or Infragistics4 ones.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions with this matter.

Suggested Answer
    posted

Hi,

What you are seeing in your installation folder is correct. We don’t have build in any specific dlls on Net Framework 3.5. The dll’s you see that are marked with “Infragistics3” are specially build in .Net 3 and relay on the .NET Framework CLR3.0. ( the excel engine – 3.0 version). The other assemblies are build in on ,Net 2.0 and really only on this version of the CLR and are compatible with .Net 3.5 and .Net 3.0, since Microsoft support such compatibility.
    So you can use the “Infragistics2” version of the assemblies in your win client .Net 3.x applications.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

Sincerely,
    Dimi
    Developer Support Engineer, MCPD
    Infragistics, Inc.
    www.infragistics.com/support