Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
cannot enable the cell
posted

Dear all,

I have the ultragrid with one text field and one date field.

I have used below but cannot enable the field of "LOTNO", but the field of "EXPIRY_DATE" which can allow edit and show the calendar and this is date field.

this.ultraGrid1.Rows[i].Cells["EXPIRY_DATE"].Activation = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.Activation.AllowEdit;
                            this.ultraGrid1.Rows[i].Cells["LOTNO"].Activation = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.Activation.AllowEdit;

Offline posted

There are a few reasons why this might happen.

1) A cell will take on the least accessible value for it's Activation. So if the CellActivation on the Column or the Activation property on the Row are set to disable or some other value that does not allow editing, the code you have here will do nothing. In this case, the column is the most likely suspect, since the other cell in the same row works.

If that is the case, and you want to disable a column but enable an individual cells, then you can do this by either leaving the column enabled and disabling all of the cells in it except the ones you want. Or you can set the IgnoreRowColActivation property on the cell to true, which will tell the cell to override the column and row values.

2) The field is not editable in the data source. In this case, there's nothing the grid can do about it. You have to make sure the field in the grid's DataSource allows editing.