Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
AppStylist overrides component settings?
posted

Hi,

This is the first time I am trying the appStylist. I loaded a "Office 2007 Black" .isl file in my application. Now the problem is that the style file loaded it's own settings of certian components.

For instance:
I have some UltraTabControls that are styled as "Wizard" (the tabs are not showed, they are controlled via code). When I loaded my new style (Office 2007 Black), all of my UltraTabControls are now "normal" (the tabs are showing).

Is there any way to prevent this and still keep the Office 2007 Black style?

Thanks in advance

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

There's a property on the ComponentRole within AppStylist call ResolutionOrder which determines the order of precedence. You could also set the StyleLibraryName on individual controls (like am UltraTabControl) to have that control only pick up settings from a particular StyleSet in the Style Library. Still another option is to set UseAppStylist to false on the controls you don't want to pick up any styling at all.