Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Date Format Display Problem in Ultra DateTime Editor
posted

Hi All,

In my application user has to enter the Date of Birth of the Applicant in Ultra Date Time Picker. In record updating situation control all are in read only mode. If the user wants to edit one applicant details, then he has to click edit button. After button click all the controls are comes to writable mode and user can change all the values.

When I place the cursor in the DOB field and click edit button, control comes to writable. Then I change the date from drop down and click save button. Records have been updated successfully in DB. But the date time editor value displaying the value like this 20/10/__

If I change the cursor position from date time editor to some other control, then the value comes to normal format. Here in date time picker I set the Format String as "MM/dd/yyyy".

Here same sample screen shots

Now control is in Read only mode. But the cursor is placed inside the control. And User clicking the Edit Button.

Now control is in writable mode. After that user can change the date. And clicking the Save Button.

At last date value Displaying like above image. But the Cursor still in same control. Here the 2010 year value displaying in MM/dd/ area.

Please anyone help me to resolve this issue. And Thanks in advance.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi,

I have some questions about what's happening here.

What version of the controls are you using?

How are you enabling/disabling editing in the control? I assume you are using the ReadOnly property?

The steps you listed here do not include any editing of the controls value. Is that right? You are not changing the value or typing into the control? This happens when you simply have a caret in the control and change ReadOnly from false to true and back to false?

At what point are you setting the ReadOnly property? Does this occur before or after you save the data?

What exactly is the data source you are using here and what exactly happens when you save?

There's a lot going on here, so if you could post a small sample project that demonstrates this behavior, I'd be happy to take a look at it for you. To attach a file to your post, just go to the Options tab.

Reply Children
No Data