Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
CellDataError event not fired
posted

Hello,

I read on the online help that the CellDataError event is fired after the BeforeExitEditMode is fired. I also read that the CellDataError event is not fired when the BeforeExitEditMode event is cancelled. 

My issue is the following:

I have a textbox cell that will validate the input with the CellDataError event, and will notify my controller class of a change in the textbox cell via the CellChange event. Whats happening is the following:

When the user types in a value,  whether valid or invalid, the CellChange event fires, but the CellDataError does not. My first assumption was that the event is being canceled so I tried using the EventManager.AllEventsEnabled = true; but that does not work either.

Anyone have an idea how to use both? I need the following sequence of events: 1- if the values are not with in the specified range of the regular expression pattern, the fire the CellDataError 2- if the values are with in the range, fire the CellChange event. 

Thanks!