Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
NavigationBar not liking DFS mounts?
posted

I am having some issues with the navbar... 

Whenever I set the root location of the navigation bar it throws an exception complaining that the PathSeperator can not exist in the path to be parsed. Also, .NavigateTo() does not work and .FromFullPath() always returns null, even when a manual search in the debugger reveals the location does exist. I've also noticed other odd behavior I'm still trying to quantify.

I am 99% sure my problems stem from the fact that the location I am trying to navigate is a DFS mount and the path starts with \\. As substituting the logical drive is not an option in my application, does anyone have any suggestions?

Offline posted

There is no connect between the control and the file system you are using it to display, it only knows the values of its public properties. The exception is thrown for exactly the reason it states: the UltraNavigationBarLocation.Text and UltraNavigationBarLocation.DisplayText properties cannot contain the same string that the PathSeparator is set to. This is necessary for the control to function correctly since it needs to be able to differentiate between the names of the nodes and the thing that delineates them.

If you want the RootLocation not to display any text, set the TextButtonDisplayStyle to Hidden. In any case, it will need a value for its Text property or there will not be any way to parse a path that stems from that node. When you assign a value to the Text property, you must ensure it does not contain the PathSeparator. The 'Infragistics FileExplorer', which ships with UltraListView, demonstrates all of these concepts in detail using the file system support defined in the System.IO namespace.