Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Databinding on control that are on unshown tab in tabgroup
posted

Hi!

I use UltraDockManager to have GroupBoxes tabbed. Inside each one, there are databind controls on a datatable. I also use a UltraValidator to validate that some fields are filled (required field validation).

Here is my problem. I recently save the layout of my ultradockmanager in an xml file. So now, when I open my app, I restore the layout. Then it seems that databinding on controls that are on tabs that are not selected is not done (The controls values are empty). So the UltraValidator sends me an error that indicate that required fields are empty. If I click on the tab that contains required fields, then everything works fine (control values are filled correctly).

My question is : Why does it happens ? Is there a way to tell UltraDockManager to load every tab since the forms open when I restore layout ?

Thanks

Benoit

Offline posted

Hi!

I could reproduce a simular or same behavior. After loading layout, databinding - especially for usercontrol properties - is interrupted. With the help of infragistics support we could find a solution. In my case I had to change databinding from old direct binding to dataset to BindingSource. After that, databinding has still worked after loading layout.

Maybe it helps.

Olaf

posted

Hi!

Please I need an answer. It is a major bug is our application. Since we load the dock manager layout, we have this bug and it is not easy the go back right now.

Thanks,

Benoit