Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Update / Insert multiband grid data to msacess tables.
posted

I have create a hierachical grid with a dataset which makes the relationship between the two MSAccess tables so far so good.

How do I update and insert in the different tables from the grid. I have a wingridrowedittemplate for both bands in the grid. This works fine but how do I know update or insert the data back into the Msaccess tables?

Is there an easyway to identify the band of the grid the update or insert is done  on?

I work in VB.Net

best Regards

Ronny Gilisen

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

The grid has no knowledge of, nor any interaction with, the back end (the database).

The grid only deals with it's local DataSource: in this case, the DataSet. The grid will update the tables in the DataSet and the DataSet will track those changes.

Typically, what you would do is use a DataAdapter to update the back end, just as you are probably using a DataAdapter to populate the DataSet in the first place.