Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WinForms UltraComboEditor - unusual spacing on long strings in dropdown list
posted

Hi,

I'm using UltraWinEditors v10.3 (10.3.20103.1000) and having an issue with UltraComboBox.  When I use long strings in the dropdown list the spacing between the letters in the drop list goes awry after about 45 characters.  Notice how the spacing in the text after about the second 'O' appears to grow.  This behaviour does not exist on the standard ComboBox and it does not exist in the text part of the combo itself until the control loses it's focus which causes this peculiar stretching / contracting effect as the focus moves around between controls.

Looks like a bug.  Any suggestions?

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi,

This looks like normal GDI Plus text drawing to me. Do you really have words longer than 45 characters with no spaces on your list?

Anyway, try setting the TextRenderingMode on the control to GDI and that should fix it.

If you don't want to set the property on each individual control, you can also set this at the application level so that it applies to all Infragistics controls in your application like so:

Infragistics.Win.DrawUtility.UseGDIPlusTextRendering = false;

Reply Children
No Data