Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Selected Column Appearance
posted

Is it possible to control the selected column appearance?

I have ValueBasedAppearances applied through out my grid, however when I set a column to selected I loose the ability to see those colors.

Can I change the behavior of the selected column to just set a border around the column?

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Elfmanne said:
    Can I change the behavior of the selected column to just set a border around the column?

Yes. Assuming you have a fairly recent version of the grid, you can so this:

private void ultraGrid1_InitializeLayout(object sender, Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.InitializeLayoutEventArgs e)
            {
                UltraGridLayout layout = e.Layout;

layout.SelectionOverlayColor = Color.Transparent;
            }

If you choose a solid color, instead of Transparent, then the selection will display as a semi-transparent overlay - so you will still be able to see the appearance of the cells underneath it.

You may also want to set SelectionOverlayBorderThickness and SelectionOverlayBorderColor.

Children
No Data