Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraGrid Beginner
posted

Hello everyone,

I have invested hours in forums, tutorials, searches..ect trying to learn how the UltraGrid and the UltraDataSource work together. To be honest this post could be to vague but I need alot of help on where to start with the grid im working on designing per my requirements.

I need a grid that has 6 columns. The first column holds a string and the rest need to be dropdown columns.

In the designer mode I created the columns and then set the style to dropdownlist. If this is correct is the next step to create a ultradatasource?

Im not very fimiliar with binding especially when it comes to having multiple columns with drop downs. Im assuming all data that is loaded into the grid comes from the data source. If this is true, how can I load each column of type dropdownlist with values?

The most important thing Im trying to accomplish here is when the user selects a value from each drop down, I need to be able to retrieve what that value was and save it to an object stored in that rows tag. I assumed I would do this from the selected row in the ultragrid.

Any help on this would be very very appreciated. I have spent hours doing simple things but the biggest issue Im having is getting the dropdownlist columns to be loaded with values and show in the UI. Could anyone can explain this in a high level concept and what I need to do to get this to happen?

Thank you!

-Very exhausted and frustrated user

Parents Reply Children
No Data