Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Customization of controls within a single form
posted

Hi, 

The requirement which i am intended to implement is as follow:

We have 4 ultraGrid shown on a single form, by default grids are shown in one column format, i want the user to arrange them in any format. He can place two grids horizontally parallel to each other or any other format. He can also dock the grids to any side. He can also resize them like using splitters. All this can be done within a single form.

I have use UltraTilePane, which is acceptable to some extend, but still user cannot resize the tiles and also cannot dock them. I want all this to be done within one form. 

Is there any work around to do this or just to achieve almost of it. Please do suggest any solution.

Thank You

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello,

I'm not sure if you've been able to achieve your desire results yet, so I figured I'd provide a little input.  If you want to provide the user with the ability to dock controls, you'll definitely want to use the UltraDockManager which will provides a docking user interface similar to Visual Studio. By making the form an MDI container and including an UltraTabbedMdiManager, you also provide the user with the ability to undock (by unchecking "Dockable" in its context menu), so the control appears within its own tab similar to the documents view in Visual Studio.

The image below demonstrates some of the functionality provided by the UltraDockManager together with the UltraTabbedMdiManager. GroupBox2 and GroupBox 3 are docked using the UltraDockManager. GroupBox1 and GroupBox4 were docked at design-time, but using the context menu at run-time, I was able to move them into MdiTabs for the UltraTabbedMdiManager.

Hopefully this gets you a little bit closer to the desired results.

Thanks,

Chris.

Children
No Data