Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Bug in Toolbar Border Render?
posted

How do you remove the dark bar drawn below a toolbar displayed in the toolbars manager when docked?

As you can see in the image above, there is a dark grey bar rendered at the bottom of the toolbar. This is here despite having set the BorderStyleDocked to None. If I use alternate display styles, borders are drawn in various manners, but for some reason when specifying NO border, it still draws a bottom border.

Is there any way of turning off this bottom border?

Here's what I've tried so far, none of these work (all seem to be ignored)

• BorderStyleDocked = None
  • Appearance (and docked Appearance) - Border Alpha: Transparent
  • Appearance (and docked Appearance) - Border Color: Transparent
  • Appearance (and docked Appearance) - Border Color 2: Transparent
  • Appearance (and docked Appearance) - Border Color 3D: Transparent

I feel there must be a way of doing this ...

Thanks,

Mark

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Mark,

The line drawn at the bottom of each Toolbar is highlight/shadowing to provide a 3-dimensional appearance. Unfortunately, this highlighting is not associated with a BorderStyle nor any particular Appearance. the only exposed property that will affect if this highlight is drawn, it is IsMainMenuBar property on the particular toolbar. Note that only one toolbar can be specificed as the MainMenuBar, and doing so will affect how it is rendered.

If you would still like to turn off this highlighting, I suggest you submit a feature request to Infragistics to bring the desire for this functionality to the attention of our product management.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Chris