Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Manage UltraWinGrid Commiting data to underlying datasource
posted

Hi,

I have a Ultrawingrid which has a drop down with certain values. On selecting any value, data is displayed on that row.

Every time a user selects any value in the drop down, the data is displayed correctly, but depending on certain status, they are set to read-only. Hence the user cannot really make any changes. But this change is getting commited to the underlying data source.

I am looking for a way, in which the data is displayed , but is not commited to the data source.

Please let me know , if this is possible

Many Thanks

Renu

Offline posted

Hi Renu,

If you update a bound column in the grid, the grid has to update the underlying data source. There is no way around that. Making the column ReadOnly only means that the user cannot edit the values in that column, it has no affect on the interaction between the grid and the data source if you modify a cell value in code.

It sounds like you are using to grid to keep a sort've temporary copy of your data, so maybe what you could do is clone your data source and bind the clone to the grid so that the real data source is unaffected.

Another option would be to hide the real bound columns in the grid and then add an unbound column to represent each bound column. Then you could populate the unbound columns with the original data and modify the unbound columns without affecting the bound columns.