Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Validation on a custom EditorWithText
posted

Hi!

My rather particular requirement is that within a single column, I can have different value types/formats. This has worked well for the last few years but now I must implement some more tricky validation against scientific formatted values. I've got an inherited EditorWithText which I assign to a Cell/Column depending on the users' layout at the time.

Setting cell.Column.RegexPattern just isn't going to work, as it'll apply the regex to all the other value cells.

My question is, is there a way that I can get the grid to inspect/validate the EditorWithText instance I pass into the cell.Editor property? (I've already tried overriding IsValid, IsDestinationValueValid and IsValidValue with no luck, also adding a handler to the internal EditorWithText.TextBox.Validating event didn't work either)...

One last thing, we do use a DataFilter on this editor instance, which is why we actually provide it in the first place. Perhaps there is a ValidationFilter as well, I shall investigate!

Thanks, Tom

Parents
No Data
    posted

Right I've answered my own question!

The answer is the Convert function of my DataFilter, simply check the regex and set IsValid to False.

Thanks me!

Children
No Data