Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Tools and Appearances won't Dispose() properly
posted

We're using the ToolbarManager with a bunch of tools and appearances, for a toolbar and context menu.  We're using the ANTS profiler to check for memory leakage in our app, after closing the class that uses these controls.  I'm having a hard time getting the tools and appearances to be fully disposed - they remain in memory after the class is disposed.  

I should mention that I am programmatically creating and associating all of these objects, and programmatically disposing of them (as opposed to using the designer). 

The ToolbarManager itself is fully disposed, and the grid we're using is fully disposed, but references remain to the appearances and to all the tool objects.  

I can provide details about the references if that'd help debug this, but I thought I'd first ask - is there a doc somewhere showing how to properly dispose of programmatically-created tools and toolbars?  Perhaps there's something I'm not doing in my dispose() code that I need to do.  I have googled as well as searched your KB and not found any information about this.