Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Column Order
posted

Is there anything systematic (sorting, etc)  that would cause a column's VisiblePosition to change after it is set in InitializeLayout?  I am setting the value for each column, but the order I am setting is not being respected by the grid.

Thanks,

Parents
    Offline posted

I figured out the issue.

In the InitializeLayout method I was looping though the column collection and calling an ApplyColumnSettings method that set the VisualPosition along with some other formatting items.  Since the list was not already in the order I wanted visually, the grid was getting confused about the order.

Does anyone have a good suggestion about sustainable ways to specify the column order so I can feed the grid the columns in the correct order?  I am considering a method I can feed the columns collection to that would return a collection of keys in the visual order, but it sounds to me like that might be messy.

Reply Children
No Data