Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Integer as string while import data from ultraGrid to Excel
posted

I have a table in database with one integer and one varchar column and in both I'm storing number values. while I'm displaying the same in grid I'm getting integer as string type. so while exporting the same to excel sheet(using  ultraGridExcelExporter) it appears as string type of integer value. So in excel the string type of integer, it will convert into date format by default. I can see it as integer but while i'm trying to upload the same excel to database it covert that value into date format. Please help me on this.

Thanks in Advance.

Kishor Kodakkatil

Software Developer

Offline posted

Hi Kishor,

I'm afraid I do not understand what you are asking. If your data source is returning integers, then the grid column data type will also return integers, and these values will be exported to excel as numeric values.

If your integer values are getting exported as strings or dates, then something in your code must be converting them - or else your data source is returning them that way.