Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Gantt Task summary bar breakup
posted

Hi:

I'm trying to design something from the basic GanttView control.

Basically I'm focusing on a series of states, and how something alternates between each state. Timeline breakdowns are nice to have but not much detail is needed.

I have seen the sample GanttView project and it appears to have most of what I need i.e. timeline, task breakdown, different tasks between...however one thing it doesn't seem to show clearly is multiple instances of a similar state which do not need to be linked as one.

For example: following the example mock project, it goes through requirements, visual design then on to a mockup, putting them as sequential stages. I would like to have something that bounces in between states repeatedly with no sequential order, e.g. 'requirements' to 'mockup' then back to 'requirements'.

From playing a little with the sample project, I guess essentially I would like a way to change the overarching summary bar per task into not covering the spaces where none of its tasks are currently ongoing. Is there some way to modify the GanttView so?