Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraGrid infinite Data Error message box loop.
posted

Hello,

Normally, if a user enters invalid data into a cell, such as letters into a databound integer, then the grid correctly shows a 'Data Error unable to update the data value' dialog box. If this happens when the grid is in a nested ContainerControl then the message will keep re-appearing and in effect lock the application.

I have managed to track this issue down to using compositions of ContainerControl derived classes (i.e. UserControl). If grid is placed in a ContainerControl, which is then nested in a parent ContainerControl, then the issue occurs as can be seen in TestForm.cs in the attachment

To reproduce: The example shows 2 grids bound to integer lists. Type a letter into any cell in the first grid, then while still in edit mode try to select a cell from the second grid. The Data Error dialog should appear an infinite number of times

Replacing the ContainerControls with either a Panel or a Control resolves the issue within the same form, but not within multiple forms, as shown in TestFormMdi.cs in the attachment.

To reproduce: The example shows 2 forms containing a single grid in an MDI form. Type a letter into any cell in the first grid, then while still in edit mode try to select the other form. The Data Error dialog should appear between 2 and 5 times.

It appears that when the dialog box looses focus, the grid is getting focus again, then exiting edit mode again. I assume this is being indirectly caused by the ContainerControls focusing management.

Can you please investigate as I am unable to resolve the second issue.

Thanks

Steve

UltraGridRecursiveIssue.zip